Having a blog on your website is not only a great way to show off what your business has been up too recently, but also boosts your SEO and attracts organic traffic to your site, which search engines will pick up on. Here are some tips to really optimise your blog in terms of SEO.
- Fresh Content – Google and other search engines will give way to content that is new and fresh instead of dated content. A blog is the perfect way to keep your site fresh, and will keep reappearing in the search engine results, which keeps customers coming back to your site.
- Keyword Targeting – Without keywords, there would be no traffic coming to your site. By subtly placing keywords throughout your blog posts, it can create a page reporting strategy as well as naturally incorporating them throughout your blog.
- Backlinks – If a site has no backlinks, then search engines will pick this up and assume the site is no good. A blog offers a link for users to share, either on social media or elsewhere. You will create your own backlinks by sharing your post on your social media websites.
- Increases Leads – The more pages a site has, the more leads it will generate, so by having a regular blog, it can really help the business.
- Internal Linking – Link certain aspects of your blog posts to related pages on your website. This can help search engines understand a bit better what’s on your site.
- Personality – By having a blog, it can really help give the business a bit of individuality and help customers learn a bit more about the staff and backbone of the business, and help build a relationship.