search

Toast burns down a kitchen and smoke alarms save lives

Toast burns down a kitchen and smoke alarms save lives
23/04/2021

An unattended toaster caused a kitchen fire and working smoke alarms raised the awareness of nearby family members to call 999. Northamptonshire firefighters warning after burning toast destroys kitchen. Investigators find jammed bread started a fire which spread to cupboards Shocked Northamptonshire firefighters have delivered a stern warning after seeing a slice of toast destroy a kitchen. Investigators into a recent blaze confirmed a thick slice of hand-cut bread got stuck, causing a toaster to jam in the 'on' position. The burning bread eventually caught fire, setting light to kitchen cupboards above the toaster and leading to a blaze which caused thousands of pounds worth of damage. Working smoke alarms prevented the fire from spreading to the rest of the property, allowing the occupants to call 999 and escape without injury. This story serves as a timely reminder for all those to test their own fire alarms as they are crucial to saving lives. Having working smoke alarms in your home can double your chances of survival if a fire occurs. Be safe, be aware, be protected. • Install smoke alarms throughout your home. • Test them monthly. • Replace batteries when you change the ones on your clocks. • Never disable alarms or take out the batteries while cooking. • Remember Smoke detectors have a life span of around ten years and must be changed Email stories where smoke alarms have saved lives and or property to arichardson@fia.uk.com

Enquiry Form



More News

There is nothing listed here for this company

Read More

Read More

List your business

Would you like to register your company on one of the UK's largest and most effective Trade websites?

Are you looking for a reliable and consistent source of enquiries from your industry sector? Would you like to see why Find the Needle clients come back year after year to use our service? If so then feel free to register using the link 'here'.

Register
Office Address: