Kills trees, stumps/roots, brambles and most common perennial weeds including dandelions, thistles, horsetail, docks, nettles and common couch grass etc. Deep Root works by systemic action, killing above and below the ground. Deep Root is biodegradable, converting into nitrogenous fertiliser, supplying plant nutrients for subsequent planting. Treated areas can be cultivated in 3-4 weeks and planted in 8-10 weeks.
Deep Root is used to kill most living plant tissue from hardwood trees through to creeping buttercups (including horsetail). It is particularly recommended by the Royal Horticultural Society for the control of Honey Fungus (a highly virulent fungus which once established can penetrate 20 metres into the soil) and also gains a recommendation from several building trade organisations to clear moss, lichens, vines and creepers from brickwork.
It does not clear bracken, bindweed, sedges and cocksfoot grass, all of which are temporarily knocked back but grow again within 8 weeks of treatment.
· Children & Pets Need Not Be Excluded From Treated Areas A note of caution should be made though as it is advisable to keep grazing animals off of the treated area for a couple of days just to be on the safe side. The product is also highly toxic to fish and extreme care should be taken to avoid contaminating the Water Course.
· Biodegradable After a period of approximately 12 weeks following application, the product has broken down to Ammonium Sulphate which is a plant nutrient.
· Systemic Action When applied the product is absorbed into the plant and spread throughout the entire plant system killing above and below the ground.
Ammonioum Sulphamate (Chemical Formula: NH2SO3NH4)
The most widely used salt of sulphamic acid described in the UK Pesticide Guide as a non-selective, inorganic, general purpose herbicide and tree killer.
Also used as a flame retardant and as a curing agent for phenol based resins.
How to Use:-
· Standing Trees The frill girdle method can be employed. To achieve this a layer of bark approximately 5cm in length has to be peeled back around the circumference of the tree. The resulting natural pouch should be packed with 60g of Deep Root Crystals for every 10cm of circumference (60g equates to 2 heaped measures of the free scoop). Alternatively holes can be drilled around the tree trunk and as above packed with 60g of crystals for every 10cm of circumference. Once applied the crystals should be covered with plastic.
· Stumps (Old & New) Cut an X across the top of the stump or drill holes and apply crystals at the rate of 60g per 10cm of the stumps circumference. After application cover with plastic.
· Deep Rooted Weeds For every cubic metres to be treated, dissolve 100g of crystals into a ½ litre of water. Using a sprayer or fine rose watering can, water the foliage until it is thoroughly wet. For common perennial weeds reduce the dose to 50g per ½ litre of water.
· Shrubs, Bushes & Brambles If under 1 metre in height follow the instructions for Deep Rooted Weeds. If larger than 1 metre cut back to near ground level and apply as for tree stumps or water as for Deep Rooted Weeds until run off occurs.
540g and 1080g boxes of crystals under the name Deep Root Tree Stump & Weed Killer.
1 Litre Ready To Use Spray. A made up 16% solution sold under the name of Deep Root Path & Patio Weed Killer specifically to target weeds and unwanted plants on paths and patios.
350ml Deep Root Weed Killer Gel. Especially formulated for application to weeds and unwanted plants in awkward positions.
Commonly Asked Questions And Complaints
Q Will It Make My Tree Stump Disappear?
A No. However by killing off the stump the degradation process is hastened and removing the stump is made easier as the roots loose their grip on the surrounding soil